Compliance Management Solution
Enterprises that are mandated to comply with certain industry regulations have to take significant measures to ensure protection on their business and customer sensitive information. These enterprises are constantly under scrutiny by government agencies to ensure their strict compliance with certain industry regulations. The health industry, as an example, is required to comply with HIPAA regulations on handling patient healthcare records. And all public corporations are under strict guidelines for compliance with SOX regulations.
The emergence of cloud computing has brought a new paradigm shift from a rigid, physical computing environment to an elastic, on-demand virtual infrastructure. Cloud computing promises cost savings, agility, and productivity but it poses a huge challenge to IT organization seeking to maintain security and regulatory compliance.
Enterprises face the following challenges on compliance management:
- Migrating the Existing Standard Practices from a Physical to a Virtual Computing Environment - Prior to cloud computing, the standard practices for monitoring and enforcing security policies or industry regulations are administrated in the physical computing environment. Automated tools are often built in the physical environment to monitor and enforce the regulatory compliance. Such mechanism needs to be re-engineered for the cloud computing environment.
- Maintaining Full Regulatory Compliance in a Cloud Computing Environment - The virtualization technology employed in cloud computing environment de-couples the physical devices and networks from the virtual machine environment. Security breaches in the virtualized computing environment cannot be fully detected by the physical infrastructure. Business process hosted in a virtual machine that is not regulatory compliant cannot be fully detected and monitored.
- Enforcing the Security Standard Practices in a Mixed Physical and Virtual Computing Environment - The emergence of cloud computing prompts many enterprises to take advantage of a more agile and cost effective infrastructure to meet business requirements. But security concerns result in companies not moving their entire business operation on to the cloud platform overnight. Maintaining regulatory compliance in a mixed physical and virtual computing environment is a huge challenge to the IT organization.
- Complete and Detailed Activity Logs - Imera solution collects detailed logs on all the computing activities within physical machines, virtual machines, or cloud nodes and enables IT to monitor and analyze user activities to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Instant Alerts - Imera solution issues instant alerts to the appropriate IT personnel in the event of any suspicious activity or compliance breach so that IT can take proactive measures.
- Powerful Tools for Compliance Management - Imera solution features a suite of powerful tools for IT to monitor, analyze, and create reports on user activities for regulatory compliance, audit purposes, and forensic analysis.
- One Solution Across Physical and Virtualized Computing Environment - Imera solution works at the OS kernel layer and is independent of the underlying physical computing infrastructure. IT can easily enforce regulatory compliance across a physical or virtualized computing environment using one management portal.
Solution Key Benefits
- Instant Business and IT Agility - Enterprises are able to securely leverage cloud computing environment and rapidly adapt to the dynamic changes in business operation requirements while meeting regulatory compliance.
- Minimize IT Management Costs, Time, and Effort - One Imera solution for the physical and virtual computing environments means lower operation costs, faster deployment time, and minimal management effort. IT can easily manage and enforce corporate compliance policies through one management portal.