Secure Terminal Network Solution
Enterprises are becoming more globalized and distributed while critical business applications are becoming more centralized in the corporate computing environment. IT organizations face the challenge of managing a huge number of client-server applications running in the corporate LAN environments. Such legacy computing environment demands enterprises to open full access to their networks and implement edge firewalls to protect against cyber attacks and data leak resulting in higher IT management costs and efforts. The environment becomes even more complicated and hard to manage when enterprises engage external vendors, partners, or customers.
Enterprises face the following challenges:
- Ever Increasing Access Needs Challenge Data Security and Regulatory Compliance in an Edge and End-Point Protection Environment - Enterprises are under tremendous pressure to protect customer sensitive information and business classified data from being stolen or compromised. In a global business environment with access needs coming from business partners and customers, the push for security control on the edge firewall and the end-point devices are becoming even more challenging. The IT costs and effort to manage such environment are spiraling.
- Stricter Access and Network Control Impact Productivity - With ever increasing threats of new and unknown computer viruses, worms, and intrusions, IT strives to enforce tougher data access policies and tighter network management practice. This trend greatly impacts the productivity of employees, business processes, and ecosystem partners, which creates a "security dilemma" between business growth and corporate governances.
Imera virtual network solution solves this "security dilemma". Imera virtual network features a remote terminal based access to enterprise intranet applications without opening the network or firewalls. Corporate IT can selectively provision applications over this virtual network. All other TCP/IP protocols (including applications) are blocked and not supported over this virtual network. As a result, it is much easier for IT to manage a virtual network and the applications offered which significantly reduce the operation costs.
Imera virtual network allows IT to selectively offer security sensitive applications over a virtual network with minimum management cost. The legacy and security non-sensitive applications are offered over the physical network. This strategy allows IT to optimize its resources and costs while enabling virtual access to meet growing business requirements.
- Terminal Access to Data and Applications - Imera solution enables terminal access to critical business applications and data in the corporate intranet environment. Only pictures of data and applications are transferred over the virtual network. All classified data and applications stay protected behind locked-down computing environment to prevent data/IP leakage, virus attacks, and intrusions.
- Cloud Nodes Access Provisioning - Imera solution enables IT to grant a user access to a specific cloud node within a specific virtual vault. Provisioning can be based on individual user or a user's role. All remote access to cloud nodes are guided and based on IT's provisioning profile for each user.
- Application Access Provisioning - Imera solution enables IT to specify a list of applications that a user is allowed to run during a remote access session to a cloud node. This gives IT more flexibility in allocating a cloud node for different users with different business application and access requirements.
- Complete Regulatory Compliance and Audit Trails - Imera solution enables recording of users' keystrokes and onscreen activities during remote access sessions. A suite of powerful audit tools is available for IT to monitor, analyze, and report user activities for regulatory compliance and audit purposes.
Solution Key Benefits
Two-Tier Architecture Reduce IT Maintenance Efforts - Imera solution features two-tier architecture that guides specific access traffic directly into IT specified resource cloud nodes. This architecture significantly reduces IT efforts to segregate or partition networks to meet different remote access requirements.
"Selective Open" Technology Simplifies Security Management - Imera solution features a virtual network layer that blocks all protocols and only allows terminal protocols to pass resulting in less effort for enforcing security policies. Security management is streamlined and costs are significantly reduced.
Support Linux/Unix and Windows Platforms - Imera solution supports both Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems running on client-side or server-side computers. Users can also access remote resources across both platforms which makes Imera solution suitable for all kinds of business operations.